WELCOME ALL

Hi everyone


To explain my page...

It is fulled with information that i have found, that i feel should be heard, hense the reason for me making a blog!

I've also included some information about myself and i will be sharing with you some of my topics of discussion just so that you know where i am coming from.

I have created this blog to tell people about things that i feel should be shared...I'm trying to spread the word!


Let's be informed,to inform.


Sunday, November 7, 2010

Animal Testing....

So Sarah brought  up the fact of how important it is for people not to use product that are tested on animals.


This single cause is why i became vegetarian ages ago. This is what alarmed me and this was the reason why for the first time ever i started thinking of how cruel humans are to animals and from that day on, i never ate any animal meat and then before you knew it i was here Vegan and proud :)

PETA did a list of companies that test on animals -
http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/default.aspx

But what i did, was, i took all the products that are available in South Africa and handed it out at my house warming party, but i told you about that ages ago....in fact i think it might of been my very first post.....WOW it's been a long time!

Anyway, i thought I'd do a bit of a revision, so here are the companies that test on animals and a list of a few of the products they produce....personally i avoid these companies like a plague! Now if you had to ask any of my friends, they would tell you i am a product....mmm...there's no better way to say it - a product wh&#e!



I LOVE PRODUCTS!!! Stuff for my hair, for my nails, for the house, for my face, for my body, for EVERYTHING!!! EEK the thought of a new product with new 'extra special's' (new innovations) wow boy does it make me sweat.  So you can imagine when i found out that my brilliant moisturiser was tested on monkeys and rabbits and dogs! I nearly puked...i threw out everything, it was thousands and thousands of rands but i just couldn't deal with putting my face cream on and thinking of those animals...

IT WAS LIKE I WAS PUTTING PURE SUFFERING ON MY FACE....

Every time i squirted it out of the bottle, the thought of the screams that must come from the labs gave me a chill.


Its hard though, every time an advert comes on with the latest and greatest my heart says -"YAY NEW PRODUCTS" But then i think of these pictures and sometimes i feel like throwing things at the TV.

BOYCOTT THESE COMPANIES!!! -

Procter & Gamble -Gilette Co                      Always                     Max factor
                                      Pampers                        Vicks                       Old Spice
                                      Fabreeze                       Head&Shoulders      Olay
                                      Pantene                         Tide

L'oreal  -                       Garnier                          Lacome                      Maybelline
                                     Vichy                            Giorgio Armani            Ralph Lauren Fragrances
                                     Red Ken

Unilever -                      Axe                               Lux                             Sunsilk
                                     Dove                             Ponds                         Vaseline

Church & Dwight -   Close up                        Nair                            Mentadent

Johnson & Johnson -Listerine                         Neutrogene                 Clean & Clear

S.C Johnson -                 Glade                             Raid                            Pledge
                                      Windex 

Rickitt Benckiser -          Veet                               Easy off

Clorox -                         Glad

Bic Corporation


And no the most important thing of all - THERE ARE PRODUCTS OUT THERE OTHER THAN THESE, IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING THEM ASK ME :)

So when i go shopping all i do is check the back of every product and read who makes it...simple huh.




PLEASE TRY IT!


Ok so I'm off to ponder on campaigns...

Have a fabulous day and try doing one thing for the animal kingdom even if it is changing your soap ;)

Kindness and STAX of Hope.

Kelly-Leigh

                                                                              

6 comments:

  1. A list of products that ARE animal friendly would be awesome if you have one to post? Cause most of the products i use, *especially my MAKE UP :( :( :(* are the made by people on this list!

    For example, what make up, soaps, household cleaning products and creams should I be using? I think I'll start with those products...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll write a whole post on it tomorrow so that it will help you with good choices, you'll be surprised how many products out there don't test, and they are great to :)

    But today i'm CRAZY....tomorrow you'll be my first mission!

    Thank you for asking and caring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mishka

    As requested, i have posted up all the info on products that aren't tested on animals especially for you....

    Hope this helps sweety :)
    Let me know if you need any more info...

    Kindness and Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is disgusting,i bet these vile people wouldnt like to be tied up and tested on! >;'/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    I'm doing an essay against animal testing and we have to go in a full scale argument. Your site gave me a lot of great ideas for my visual element; would it be ok for me to use some of these images? It would surely leave a lot of people thinking.
    Thanks a lot!
    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi first Anonymous...

    I'm so glad that you are agreeing with me... It is gross, unfair and i can continue for hours...

    I see that you are very frustrated, believe me it's normal ( for people with a heart )....

    This is a tool that you can use for drive and percaverance...

    I hope this is ok to ask, but can you try to change one product that is tested on animals?

    Just one thing to give up, it could even be dish waching liquid...and then tell someone about this, some one who is willing to change their soap brand.

    I started off with just me, and before i knew it, i have lots of people following...

    So don't ever think for a second that you can't make a change as it's just lonesom you...

    Please consider my advice...

    And update me on hows things are going on your side :)

    Kindness and Love and a touch of Hope

    Kelly-Leigh

    N.B. My spelling is not the greatest, so bare with me.

    ReplyDelete