WELCOME ALL

Hi everyone


To explain my page...

It is fulled with information that i have found, that i feel should be heard, hense the reason for me making a blog!

I've also included some information about myself and i will be sharing with you some of my topics of discussion just so that you know where i am coming from.

I have created this blog to tell people about things that i feel should be shared...I'm trying to spread the word!


Let's be informed,to inform.


Monday, November 22, 2010

Why can i not adopt a cow?

So my frustration is of one problem...I have posted all these adoption ad's of puppy's and kittens and there grown up versions however i cannot find a rescue centre that allows me to adopt a cow...

Now usually when you look at the adoption pages in all these society's you will see what the names of the animals are and a snip bit of what they are like, so i went in search for my cow....


After me searching i managed to find a non profit organisation name FreeMe....they deal with wildlife that has been abandoned, now that's great and all but you cannot adopt these animals which makes sense since they are meant to be in the wild, but where is my damn cow?


Gumtree even has a monkey for sale, but no farm, animals and definitely no cow!

It then just clarifies one thing for me, I've always known about the stupid idea that people have about the fact that dogs and cats can't be eaten since they are pets and cows and pigs can... No wonder, i cannot even adopt a cow, how the hell are we as humans supposed to get used to the idea that farm animals can also be pets, when they aren't even available to the public?

So i must apologise but unfortunately i cannot advertise farm animals because society has decided to act like a bunch of fools and not allow an average person to decide if they want a pig or a kitten...in fact us as humans should be up in arms that the sweet lil ad of a cow is not an option.



This is Betty, she loves taking a walk in the meadows and her favourite snack is grass, she's not only very friendly but gets along well with dogs and pigs. She is 10 years old. If you would like to meet Betty, contact us on - 011 2639ooooh.

That's all i want...an ad for farm animals. Do you think i will ever get it? I suppose not will all these meat eaters, they adopt a cow to slaughter it, sickos. Culture or no culture it's still miff....

So this is my story, one day when i own a big piece of land ( because Matthew wants to retire on a farm ). I will adopt the following...


 

1. A dairy cow ( i love their black and white spots they are so beautiful )
2. A miniature piggy ( a miniature cause the big ones, make too much poop )
3. 3 chickens ( they love being together like a family cause they like learning from each other )
4. 4 Dogs ( Matthew wants 2 and i want 2 )
5. 1 cat ( I'm kinda allergic to cats but i have to have one to share the love :)
6. 2 monkeys ( Matthew LOVES monkeys, and though I'm not one to keep animals out of the wild, i know that Matthew will give them so much love that they won't feel left out at all. Plus i will take monkeys that are already unable to care for themselves in the wild )
7. 2 Rabbits ( cause someone needs to love them! )
And that's all i can think of for now, but I'll probably along the way end up with more animals, knowing Matthew and myself! We both have such big hearts!

If you had a chance to retire on a farm and have as many animals as you would like, would you go live their?
Let me know.

Kindness and Hope
Kelly-Leigh

5 comments:

  1. I agree... I also Love cows, they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see, now why cant people get that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw something on tv where this couple in America had a Bison as a pet, it drove in the car with them and came in and out of the house, it is brilliant... If only we could have cows as pets and even pigs, I love pigs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't even get me started on piggys....my boyfriend Matthew LLLOOOVVVEEESSS miniture piggys....

    He always complains that he cannot get one because of our small appartment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well keep that dream alive and your farm will come true :)

    ReplyDelete