WELCOME ALL

Hi everyone


To explain my page...

It is fulled with information that i have found, that i feel should be heard, hense the reason for me making a blog!

I've also included some information about myself and i will be sharing with you some of my topics of discussion just so that you know where i am coming from.

I have created this blog to tell people about things that i feel should be shared...I'm trying to spread the word!


Let's be informed,to inform.


Monday, January 17, 2011

Water is a precious resource of life...

Good Afternoon All...

Happy Meat Free Monday....yes i hardly ever say that but today i got an e-mail from them that was super interesting!...

Mmmmm, wait I'm a lil unsure if you even know what Meat Free Monday is? Ok lets play on the safe side.
Fry's ( A brand that produces soy products like, chicken strips, mince, Vienna's, sausages, Patty's etc. They launched a campaign awhile back that asks all meat eaters to give up meat for one day and that day is Monday...CLEVER RIGHT?

Well they send all the update and all the other stat's and today a nice lil fact thingy!

Here it is...

 The Water Footprint Network has calculated the volume of water needed to produce many common foodstuffs. The following figures are estimates:


Product Litres of Water

1 sheet of A4 paper 10
1 slice of wheat bread 40
1 apple 70
1 cup of coffee 140
1 litre of milk 1000
1 kg of barley 1300
1 kg of rice 3000
1 kg of chicken 3900
1 kg of cheese 5000
1 kg of pork 5000
1 kg of cotton 11000
1 kg of beef 16000
1 kg of leather 16600

Now i wasn't taken that back by these figures cause we all know it's a no brainer that meat is bad for the environment...damn don't even get me started on that again!

Facts - such lovely lil things, fact's are the only thing that make all meat eaters shut there mouth when it comes to veganism and vegetarianism...really relaxing actually, the peacefulness of silence AHH. I love smearing good old facts with poop in their faces...don't get me wrong i don't dislike them because of their dietary choices but i sure as hell don't like those arrogant people who ask the stupidest question in the whole entire planet..."WELL IF YOU DON'T EAT MEAT....WHAT DO YOU EAT??" OMG, there's nothing like somebody looking at you and say -Hi, I'm stupid.ARG!!

I'm niffy today, mrff, I'm desperately trying to find a vet in my area that will allow me to volunteer at their hospital on the weekends so that i can see what goes on and if being a vet looks appealing....But you think these freaking places need help - nope - i mean COME ON....help a sister out man...hehe ( so gangster )

And i really don't want to go to the SPCA or any other shelters like that because they would keep me by the kennels doing loving and snoogles for the animals....I'm not complaining but i really want to see consultations and surgery....ESPECIALLY SURGERY!

But no either they don't take on volunteers or they only do one day once off in the week like a job shadowing thingy....AHHH...irritating I'm telling you.

Any who i gotta dash...i have so much to do since it's glorious Monday.

Kindness and Hope

Kelly-Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment