WELCOME ALL

Hi everyone


To explain my page...

It is fulled with information that i have found, that i feel should be heard, hense the reason for me making a blog!

I've also included some information about myself and i will be sharing with you some of my topics of discussion just so that you know where i am coming from.

I have created this blog to tell people about things that i feel should be shared...I'm trying to spread the word!


Let's be informed,to inform.


Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Rush

Howdy folks

So where to start?

I have so much news that i have no clue what to talk about first!

You see the reason why i can jabber on and on about things is because i breath - sleep - and eat, animal and Vegan activism. Literally! I never stop! I suppose it's just because it's my passion and with out passion...Hell i wouldn't even have 77 members....yup you heard me correctly! I started off as just me on the 3 August 2010...JUST ME!!! And now after 3 weeks and 1 day, i have 77people that are listening to spread the word!

If little old me can do it, you all could!

So about this weekend...

I went to the Organic and Natural show at the coca - cola dome, there was quite a few stores but personally i have found out so much more that is better than the knowledge i gained from there, which you guys should all be excited about cause I've let you in on all that I've learnt!

Have you ever heard about Fry's?


Well they are basically what i lived on when i went vegetarian years back! They produce all sorts of goodies....i always liked them because they made me feel very 'normal'. I would take a sausage or patty to a braai and make sure that they braai'd it first and then i got to have my 'braai meat' too. They have Patty's, sausages, mince, schnitzels and nuggets all soy. Plus they taste super yummy! I'm a very fussy eater so trust me!

The reason why I'm talking about them is because we saw them at the show and they asked us to sign up for a (MEAT FREE MONDAY)...what?....ok so it's a petition that you sign that states that every Monday you will not eat meat...simple huh...well the thing about this is "if every South African goes meat free one day a week 11200 cattle, 2 million chickens, 10 000 pigs, 22300 sheep will be saved from slaughter WEEKLY" (Compassion in World Farming)....

Crazy right!...go check it out on:

http://www.supportmfm.co.za/category/partners


And we also saw this organisation that help Rhino's -  there name is (Mission Rhino) Of course we got involved...so we signed up and all they really need is volunteers...some to go and ask people to sign at shows and some to build pens for the rhino's....stuff like that. If you want to check it out there website is:



http://missionrhino.za.org/


I bought some Shampoo and Conditioner from 'The Victorian Garden' which is really cool but uber expensive...luckily it was on show prices so i got it for a good price.You should look at there stuff if you have extra cash lying around....they have stax of toiletry goods that smell so yummy...there was this lady who told me that the Victorian garden has a salon...apparently they go and pick herbs from the garden for your facial and apply it on to your face...R350...ok so it may sound a lot to some people but in Sorbet where they do okish facials with Dermalogica they also charge R350...so it's not out of the price range in facial land.Mmmmm i love facials!

 

Dunno if i told you about my ordered pasta but i have it at home now...so when i try it I'll let you know if it's tasty...R20...a very good price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on another note:


I'm taking this activism a bit further than just a group on facebook and a blog...we taking it to the public....no that does not mean striking!!! We are going to tactically divulge into campaigns...

I'll let you all in on what it's going to be later but for now just know that we are progressing...and at a very speedy rate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  

I got those stickers i was waiting for, so it's advertising on my laptop and car, I'd never thought I'd be one to stick things on my car....i always thought it looked trashy...but hey that's what happens when you get passionate about things, you act all weird :)

Honestly i never thought I'd be here....but I'm here and as my weird boyfriends friend would say...'i'm gonna bang it!'

Gotta go guys, sorry about missing the morning post.....i was crazy busy! I'm trying to get the pick'n pay near me to stock Vegan food!

Loving the loads

Kelly-Leigh

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog by Googling "Fry's braai." Their products have been turning up at my local co-op in San Francisco, and I wondered why I had never heard of them. I'll have to try them, now that I know what "braai" means. Good to know there are vegetarians in SA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frank

    Fry's is amazing!

    When i turned Vegetarian a good couple of years back i lived on these...they are so healthy for you and give you a sense of belonging when you are around meat eating peep's as you can also have a burger with the patty's and a hotdog with everyone else and personally i have never come across anyone who hasn't said that Fry's tastes good.

    Now that i am Vegan Fry's is still in my fridge :) ( refrigerator )

    As for the braai its kind of like a barbeque but it's VERY South African. For us here it's a huge social cultural thing...we like to use the term...bring and braai...so everyone brings there own meat ( or in my case its fry's spicy sausages :) and you pop it ontop of the fire. Top that off with a few beers and that is a normal saturday event.

    I kinda laughed at the fact that you only know now about vegetarians in SA....i suppose it's kinda the last thing they advertise about my country!

    There are actually stax of us that don't eat meat it's just that we aren't catered for all that well here, but we are working on that.

    If your keen on eating Fry's then maybe you can convince some of your meat eating friends to take the Meat Free Monday pledge.........it's easy...Just get them to not eat meat on Mondays, no meat for one day.

    Any who this blog has alot of information for South Africans so if you want to learn a bit of our culture keep checking out the posts...

    It was nice to have a chat withyou if you have any more info let me know...:)

    Kindness and Hope

    Kelly-Leigh

    P.S. The chicken nuggets are delish!

    ReplyDelete