WELCOME ALL

Hi everyone


To explain my page...

It is fulled with information that i have found, that i feel should be heard, hense the reason for me making a blog!

I've also included some information about myself and i will be sharing with you some of my topics of discussion just so that you know where i am coming from.

I have created this blog to tell people about things that i feel should be shared...I'm trying to spread the word!


Let's be informed,to inform.


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Forcing things is never Pretty!

Well I am in such an annoyed state right now!

You will all see when you start to hear all about activism and what happens in the world and if by chance you turn Vegan...well life turns very hard. Not only do you have new values, morals, beliefs and dietry requirements but you are also in a minority group and most people don't really like what you stand for.

One thing you will have to learn is that you have to chose your fights very carefully...now some people would have an absolute heart attack with me saying this, the thought may be we should constantley stand up for what we believe in! I agree and having to learn this lesson i'm trying to pass on to you was VERY VERY hard for me as i find it hard to shut my mouth since im so passionette.



I'm having a work function and when i say a work function i mean, HUGE amount of food, alcohol and people...we are having clients and other people of high standards, so in my company a work function is no joke!

Now the people here are not in anyway close to being animal activists, infact it's only me and this cool p.a. that actually talks about this stuff. Apart from that it's not discussed here.

So for tomorrow's "work function" we are having a prawn braai....yup you heard me right a PRAWN BRAAI!!!!!AAAHHH......i'm actually going to have to watch as people crack and peel of the skin and head of a sweet little crustation, YUCK!



Now it's not the idea of eating a prawn that makes me have to keep my mouth shut...it's the fact that in order to get the lil crustation that lives at the bottom of the ocean, humans take big nets and scrape the bottom of the ocean floor to get them...this net doesn't care of the rest of the sealife and food down there they take it with to the top....so starfish, plants etc all go to waste, and now prawns aren't a thing people eat once a year noooo they eat alot of them infact the amount of prawns my companys buying...ah...i dont even want to think of the amount of starfish that had to die! Dont believe me look at the story about shrimp...CRAZY...
http://www.fishinghurts.com/CommercialFishing.asp

Check the process out -










Ask yourself is this in anyway natural?
And yet Ocean Basket is a no.1 for a yummy dinner.


Do you know that Orthodox Jews don't eat prawns, there reasoning is that prawns are bottom feeders and that prawns eat other fish's poop....and because of that the belief what they eat effects the nature of their souls, it's the same for pigs! So let me say: GO JEWS :)


You know that kinda makes me think...its quite pretty : "What we eat effects the nature of our souls"
I like that!

So back to my subject:

So there's me standing at a fancy work party whilst people are eating loads of prawns and washing it down with tequila and me munching on my tofu (if i have the stomach for it).....Do i scream out loud - STOP THIS OBSERD BEHAVIOUR, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE YOUR FOOD COMES FROM!!!!!AAAHHHH - or do i quietly munch my tofu....my heart says scream, scream as loud as you can, for those who cant scream, for those who are at the party in spirit since there lives had been brutally taken away from them, NB the brutally part. But my head say's - I have to eat food, i like having a bed to sleep in and a roof over my head and water to wash my body and lights to help me see at night...


So yes tonight i'm going to cry on my boyfriends shoulder for a REALLY LONG TIME and then tomorrow i will walk past all those little taken lives and drink my drink and think about the fact that without this job i would be on the streets and then what help would i be to any living creature.

So in life, when you feel you need to take a stance which i totally agree with.....be careful what fights you chose to pick, you wont be much help to anyone if you cut your nose off to spite your face. Please learn from me since i had to learn this the hard way before.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that i'm going to start fighting much harder for sea creatures, much much harder. I need to make up for this horrible act i'm about to do and that's let them suffer in silence...no living thing should go through that.

I'm really sorry guys if i'm letting you down but i have no way out in this situation.

Sorry :(
Kelly-Leigh

P.S. Dear Prawns of the Work Function

You know that if i could i would give you a voice but what i can promise is
that all your brothers and sisters will stand a chance at a better life cause not
only will i take it upon myself to help them but i have a group that cares to!

So i have recruitment.

You lives wont be in vain for i have done and will continue to do the most important thing...

I'm Spreading The Word!

All my Love
Kelly-Leigh



THE DREAM - A HAPPY PRAWN













1 comment:

  1. AWESOME blog Kelly!!!!! It really makes us all think twice before we just go ahead and eat everything that we see!!!

    Love your work!!!

    KEEP IT UP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete