WELCOME ALL

Hi everyone


To explain my page...

It is fulled with information that i have found, that i feel should be heard, hense the reason for me making a blog!

I've also included some information about myself and i will be sharing with you some of my topics of discussion just so that you know where i am coming from.

I have created this blog to tell people about things that i feel should be shared...I'm trying to spread the word!


Let's be informed,to inform.


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

KFC can stick it!

So today i went to a demonstration - my first of course




 I basically went from work changed from a skirt to a pair of jeans in the car and then sat in a wire cage to protest about the fact that chickens are getting slaughtered in inhumane ways in order to fill up that bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken that you all love...

So basically i was taking that lil bubbled saying of - IGNORANCE IS BLISS and popping it in front of everyone that paid attention and letting them know that KFC are murderers.



IT WAS FUN :)

There were a lot of newspaper reporters there and they took stax of pics...STAX!

I'll go and check the newspapers and if they have pics I'll put them up....it'll be fun to see.

So one BIG THANK YOU for Sarah who helped arranged all the people to come together for this.

It was a great event with good intentions and with a hopeful great ending and the best part....IT FELT AWESOME!

Think about making 45min about solely animals...you'll be surprised as to how good it feels.



Kindness and Fun

Kelly-Leigh

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for joining us Kelly - and for agreeing to be in the cage! You did a great job!! There are articles in the Beeld, Citizen, and Times and photos on News24!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done! wish you could do one in front of each outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do I, Cora! Also, I wish we didn't need to do any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KFC will come round whether its by choice or by force...either way it's inevetable that one day they will have to get rid of there terrible life choices towards chickens...because we are growing in large numbers on a day to day basis as activists...plus i'm a firm believer of where there's a will there is a way...

    Oh and as for the outlets Cora...BRING IT ON ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got an email from a friend who didn't see the demo, but did see all my pictures and the website I posted. She and her husband have officially banned KFC from their house as a result!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thats great news...ah i love news like that in the morning...it gives me 'warm fuzzy's' as Elle Woods would say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it great?! Having one family change their mind about KFC makes the whole demo worth it!! And it wasn't just them...when I met with the Metro Police and SAPS before the demo, they were horrified about what KFC does and also agreed to boycott KFC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your right,all you need is some ONE to change the way they look at this pathetic excuse for a take out place and then they have the power to change someone around them too...as for the popo's it's so true how so many people dont know about what is going on out there in the world of animals, education of these causes is the key here...hence this group...

    ReplyDelete