WELCOME ALL

Hi everyone


To explain my page...

It is fulled with information that i have found, that i feel should be heard, hense the reason for me making a blog!

I've also included some information about myself and i will be sharing with you some of my topics of discussion just so that you know where i am coming from.

I have created this blog to tell people about things that i feel should be shared...I'm trying to spread the word!


Let's be informed,to inform.


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Better Late than never!

Hey all

I'm sorry about not having a post yesterday...I was preparing for a mini meeting i was having with the manager named, Kevin of the Brightwater Commons PnP. So i was a busy bee.



My meeting was ok, in fact it wasn't that great.Why? Well because he was a meat eater that thought our lifestyle was strange...people respect peoples dietary requirements when it is based around religion, however if it is based around a stance, a form of care, a form of respect and with values and morals...it is conceived as not as important!...
Why is that?

My very first comment i received was - "Well how many Vegans are there?"......why would someone ask that when it comes to buying products for a store. I mean how does that matter, i understand that we are probably a minority group and the sales of some products are not going to move as fast as lets say Kellogg's....but I'm here as a Vegan standing in front of you and I'm a customer, so shouldn't my needs be met too?Am i not valued as a customer?

After all if you are not willing to cater for me are you not showing discrimination towards our kind?
And if that is the case aren't you doing an act that is illegal? Because as far as i know Discrimination was supposed to end in 1994!

I will not be 'downed' by society because of my dietary requirements, especially because what i am doing is a GOOD THING!! Why is that if you try to do good, people in society don't help you? What does that say about society?
Now that is a topic to be discussed!

Well I'm determined...I will not be ignored...I COUNT!!!! I have sat a side fighting for the rights of animals and trying to give Vegans a place in this world when it comes to shopping, and i forgot about me...you see doing selfless acts totally makes you forget about yourself...So now after that comment from Kevin...yup I'm in second gear...now I'm fighting for MYSELF...



I want to be able to grab a take away from a local place and go to a common restaurant for a meal just like everybody else! I'd like to grab a few grocery's from my local PnP, I'd like to go to a garage and buy some chocolate!

I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE INCLUDED!!!

If i was Jewish they would stock it for me, in fact if i was any religion they would cater for me...On Jewish holidays they stock Jewish approved food, on Christmas they stock turkeys, yet they cant make sure i have bread to eat on a day to day basis.



So what i have to say is sorry Kevin but I'm going through the Head Office as i feel that with our meeting, i was not made to feel comforted in fact i felt questioned.

Pish...'How many Vegans are there?'....well JUST WAIT AND SEE!

Apparently he will get back to me in a day or two so tomorrow is the D day.

Any who

Chat later guys

Keep strong

Kelly-Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment