WELCOME ALL

Hi everyone


To explain my page...

It is fulled with information that i have found, that i feel should be heard, hense the reason for me making a blog!

I've also included some information about myself and i will be sharing with you some of my topics of discussion just so that you know where i am coming from.

I have created this blog to tell people about things that i feel should be shared...I'm trying to spread the word!


Let's be informed,to inform.


Friday, September 10, 2010

With Passion comes EASY Persistance with it come EASY Success

Yup my heading is true....you know why, look at my posts from the beginning and then look at them now.
I have succeeded, not fully yet but i sure am on my way.

I write this to tell you that EVERYONE can do this. Really if you think you cant, read my posts again. I'm a 1.66cm, 23yr old, female, blonde and i did it. Seriously it's not that hard to create change, and it feels great!

And the best part...I'M NOT DOING THIS FOR ME :)

....You may be asking what the smileys are for, well look what happened with PnP and The Vegan Society and Vegan SA.



This is what i received this morning...

RE: Your correspondence reference number 8000090861‏

From: Michael Olivier (Michael.Olivier@pnp.co.za)
Sent: 10 September 2010 08:38:03 AM
To: Kelly-Leigh Blignaut (kelly-leighblignaut@hotmail.com)


Thank you for your email Kelly Leigh


It might be an idea for The Vegan Society to make an appointment to see one of our Senior managers to discuss how we can help vegans with food choices. If this is a possibility, let me know and I can set it up for you.

We do have a qualified dietician at our Johannesburg Office, Teresa del Fabbro, who is always ready to assist customers with their eating plans.

I have been through this before as my 9 yr old son decided he was to become a vegan when I felt sure he didn’t even know what veganism was. But he stuck to his guns for three and a half years. It was a huge spiritual shift for him and for us as a family.

Remember I am here if you need more assistance.

Kind regards and have a happy weekend.


Michael Olivier
Office of the CEO
Head Office, Kenilworth, Cape Town
Office:+27 (0)21 658 1146
Email:michaelolivier@pnp.co.za
Web Site: http://www.picknpay.co.za/

And then this is what i replyed:

RE: Your correspondence reference number 8000090861‏

View profileTo michael.olivier@pnp.co.za
From: Kelly-Leigh Blignaut (kelly-leighblignaut@hotmail.com)
Sent: 10 September 2010 09:43:02 AM
To: michael.olivier@pnp.co.za


Hi Michael


It's great to know that you have had a Vegan situation close to home. You should tell your son, that what he did when he was nine was not only brave but admirable. It takes a strong person to 'stick to their guns' as you would say, and it's even harder for parents to be understanding and open minded about it. So i take my hat off to you.


You sound like you have a very lovely family.


After listening to your idea about meeting with one of your senior managers, i thought it was great, i'm am currently contacting them in order to see what they say, but i'm sure that they would be very keen. It's very refreshing to hear that someone is willing to listen to a Vegan.


We are very impressed at the response we are getting from PnP, i have already been contacted on Vegan cleaning aids, which i was very happy to know that you have a 'Green Range' that has all the cleaning aids that one needs and not only is it Vegan approved but it is also not tested on animals. I have also been contacted about the Vegan dog food that i requested, apparently they are busy talking to the stockist and will be going through the regular protocol in order to get it in stores.

I haven't been contacted yet about the others, such as the food. But in this light i'm sure it shall happen soon as your service has given me confidence to say that with belief.


Thanks for all your help. I'll be sure to get back to you soon about the meeting.


Have a wonderful weekend too.


Kind Regards and Thanks

Kelly-Leigh

Then following this with in minutes i received an email from Teresa, great service right?

I then contacted The Vegan society and Vegan SA to find out if they were both interested in attending a meeting with me and a PnP senior manager. You see the more people you get involved the better. We don't want to shine in glory, that's not the point, i say this like thousands of times (ok that's exaggerating a bit) but all i want to do is....Spread The Word..and that's why I'm telling and showing you ;)

This is the Vegan Society's e-mail to me, i haven't checked out the link on facebook yet but I'll do that tonight:



Re: FW: PnP‏
From: Aragorn Eloff (aragorn@vegansociety.co.za)
Sent: 10 September 2010 11:26:07 AM
To: Kelly-Leigh Blignaut (kelly-leighblignaut@hotmail.com)


Hey,

Can you tell me more about your group and your campaigns?

Also, would you like to get involved with this: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=148298211870648 (shout if you're not on Facebook and can't view the invite - it's for an animal rights conference in October).

Aragorn

Then i replied and explained the group to him and after that he sent me this:

Re: PnP‏
From: Aragorn Eloff (aragorn@vegansociety.co.za)

Sent: 10 September 2010 03:29:16 PM
To: Kelly-Leigh Blignaut (kelly-leighblignaut@hotmail.com)




That all sounds great - you're up to a lot of cool things :-)

Keep us posted about what you're doing and we'll send it out in our bi-monthly newsletter. Also let us know if you're interested in the animal rights conference (once you've checked out the event) and will be sending it out. We're urgently trying to boost confirmed attendance at the moment, as well as locate more speakers, stalls, etc.

Keep it up!A

And now what we have is a bigger network, which means my dream is coming true....we my friends are SPREADING THE WORD!!!!

YAYAYAYAY

We have a chance in doing something that's right, we're the good guys and we are giving those animals out there a small but definite fighting chance.

So as for the things I had a meeting about...those will be posted on this blog and facebook on 12 September 2010, yup that's Sunday.

Wow so that's it...that's my week gone.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, and lets hope we all have sun, i wouldn't mind grabbing a few rays myself :)

I would just like to squeeze in a Happy Birthday to one of my best friends.Shine Candy Cane :)



Kindness and Hope

Kelly-Leigh

2 comments:

  1. Wow....again!!! You are doing a great job and I am really impressed by how much you have accomplished. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW kel bear! This is some Awesome work! and im so shocked that a 9 year old can stand up and make that decision! It truely is amazing! U r amazing in doing this! I wanted to tell you that before my bday we had 167 member on our Facebook Spread The Word... just 2 days later we are up to 205!!! WOW! im so happy that the word sure is spreading! :) when im not sickly we will get ryt ontop of our 2 new exciting campaigns! :)

    Love the work and love you poops!

    P.S... mom... ure amazing! Kelly - mom told her school kids about "meat free mondays" and explained the threats on biodiversity because of cattle being oe of the biggest threats on this. So big ups to mom! :)

    ReplyDelete